Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 11: Travel to Berlin

I felt no resentment, nothing tugging at me to stay, when I departed Venice - and Italy - this morning. It was an experience, but I felt no attachment. I will take with me what I learned and felt, and, over time, I hope it will coalesce, contributing to greater personal insights about this world we live in.

I will miss being able to communicate to a moderate degree, however. As I sit here in my hotel room in Berlin, I realize that I am very much at the mercy of whoever happens to understand English. I have had the thought repeatedly over the course of the past week and a half: "What am I doing here?" I am spreading my wings, trying to get my arms around this world and understand it. As it turns out, it is amazingly complex. Who would have thought it? (joke)

No comments: