Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 10: Laundry!

Seriously, I did laundry. Were you waiting for me to cleverly invent some anecdote? and tie it in to some epiphany about an epic work of art? Basically, I ran out of clean clothes and I have another two weeks abroad in Berlin, so I figured I better do my laundry.

Then, because I was tired of walking everywhere, I got a public boat ferry ticket and rode it around for a long time and took photos of Venice and Giudecca (another island by Venice, see photo to the right). I also bought a boat ticket to Marco Polo Airport for the next day.

I napped on a bench after reading my book for a long time. I napped in my hotel. I got another flavored ice slurpee-thing, some waters, and a can of pineapple. I then opened the tall windows in my hotel room, kicked up my feet, and with relish ate my canned pineapple and drank my water. I was sick of paying oodles of cash for meals. I guess you can take the bachelor out of the city, but, well, he's still a bachelor - its what we do! I've spend too many years eating crummy food out of cans. I don't think I'll ever kick the habit.

Content that I had everything ready for the next day's travels, I drifted off to sleep.

No comments: